When seeking cutting edge solutions for a modern garage floor space, Epoxy Primer has to be factored in to give an exceptional floor coating. The endurance and adhesion of floor finishing are particularly hard to achieve without premium tools and to most homeowners maintenance of the floor space ends accumulating more cost in the long run.
Epoxy Primer is not only cost effective but also offers long term solutions to the floor coating.
Merits of Using Epoxy Floor Primer
The point of distinction for Epoxy Primer is that it is designed to be extra thin and has enhanced adhesion because it readily sips into concrete resulting in an even stronger bond.
- Very fine and thin hence eliminates all inconsistencies within concrete such as those caused by outgassing thus resulting in pinholes and bubbles.
- Effectively deals with efflorescence by providing a protective barrier against moisture.
- Is designed to have elaborate chemical bonds when it comes into contact with concrete hence last longer when compared to other coatings.
- Specialized primers serve specific functions such as blocking oil. Such primers are highly solvent and are effective at covering oil contaminated concrete.
- Very applicable for places accustomed to high humidity or wet concrete that has recently been acid etched.
- Improve the uniformity as well as the film thickness of the subsequent base coat as it does not get soaked into concrete.
The Functional Basis For Epoxy Primers
The way Epoxy Primers interact with concrete is simply fascinating as it adheres to form elaborate mechanical bonds in the pores present in the flooring surface. To make the adherence successful, one has to grind or etch the surface of the concrete.
In doing so the primer penetrates deep into the concrete’s pores hence improving the floor’s surface endurance to delamination. The surface of the primer forms a thin tie coat which is suitable as it creates a foundation for the thicker base coat to fully fuse with chemically. These systematic bonds produce durable outcomes that can withstand any varying condition.
Epoxy primers are tolerant of moisture because they are water-based. This is helpful to damp concrete slabs as it effectively stops efflorescence which results in white patches and wetness.
Some property owners feel stymied as a result of oil contamination on their garage floors. Epoxy counters such contamination with its specialized oil stop primers. This is achieved by its enhanced solvency rate which makes it bond with the oil seamlessly. Such primers are dark but require multiple base color coats to effectively cover the contaminants.
Even without the primer, the epoxy floor coating will still be effective if the floor is adequately prepared. It is however recommended that you use the two to achieve the golden standard in the floor’s finishing.